Mini Chefs Pyjama Party Menu
Our mini chefs were extremely inspired when we created these delicious recipes with them for a pyjama party and we hope you will enjoy cooking them together.
Cheesy Tortilla hand pies
½ cup cream cheese room
2½ cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups chicken or beef mince
1 cup peas, frozen
1/2 onion, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 8-inch flour tortillas
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1. Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Fold in the chicken or beef, peas and onion and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the tortillas in half. Make one stuffed tortilla at a time. Start by rolling one half tortilla into a cone. While holding the cone in one hand, fill it with 2 tablespoons of the chicken or beef and cheese mixture. Push the filling down into the bottom of the cone, leaving space at the top of the cone. Gently squeeze the cone to slightly flatten the cone into a puffed triangle.
3. Place the stuffed tortilla triangle seam-side down on a sheet tray or cutting board. Brush each one oil.
4. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
5. Bake the tortillas for 6 to 7 minutes until the tortillas are lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
6. Eat while still nice and hot.
Mini cinnamon kebab doughnuts
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 packet dried yeast
1/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp salt
Oil for deep frying
Cinnamon sugar for dipping
1. Heat the milk until it just begins to bubble.
2. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until it has melted.
3. Allow to cool then pour the milk mixture into a bowl and sprinkle the yeast over.
4. Add the sugar and stir to mix. Leave for 10 mins.
5. Add the egg yolks, one at a time and then slowly add the flour and salt.
6. Mix together until a dough is formed.
7. On a floured surface, knead the dough until it is smooth.
8. Leave to rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
9. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut small rounds (using a small glass or biscuit cutter). Leave to rise for a further 30 minutes.
10. Heat the oil in a frying pan so it is very hot and deep fry the doughnuts until golden brown.
11. Drain on paper towel.
12. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and put 2 onto a kebab stick.