Okavango Cooking School
Tangy Pineapple Tart
Updated: Nov 18, 2020
Set the oven to 190C.
Flaky Crust Pastry:
500g plain flour
10ml lemon juice
100ml cold water
1. Sift the flour into a medium size bowl and rub in the butter
2. Add the lemon juice and water to cling together.
3. Knead until smooth.
4. Bring the dough together, place in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the pastry and line a greased tart tin with the pastry making sure it is even all around
1/2 cup castor sugar
2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1. In a mix bowl cream together the castor sugar and butter until light.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time and mix in between.
3. Add the salt and stir in.
4. Fold in the pineapple and pour the mixture over the pastry.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes, until the filling is set.
6. Serve hot or cold, with cream.
We had leftover pastry so we made a pastry lattice over the filling .